winters.... how do i start? Being brought up in Hyderabad,Vijayawada I never realized there exists such a season, only that i heard the name from books, teachers and saw great snaps from fabulous locations!! Landing up in Pilani 2 years back in the boiling heat, made me long for "the winter"... heard a lot of it from seniors and acquaintances before coming here... "the temperature goes below zero", "its awesome... you can watch the water turn to ice"... the expressions really captured my imagination, i got excited about 'em and it wasn't long(3 and a half months only) before fiiiiiinally seasons changed and........?????????


It wasn't quite what i expected... actually it was all of what i hadn't expected! I realized subzero temperatures meant layers and layers of clothing(which i absolutley hate) and still shivering cause they're not enough!No heaters in rooms... solar water heaters and no sun meant cold water baths(no baths for most people for weeks!... but i can't stand being untidy so had to take bath!) and the lsit goes on... cold creams(which i absolutely hate and couldn't avoid) etc etc... I absolutely hated winters! All it took was 1 of 'em!


So what changed?Well a lot actually... only that the change is within me :).I now have wonder in my eyes and my heart and love to embrace anyone and anything!Well how?? Knowledge... of acceptance, and what peace it brings!Accept and that minute the complaining, sulking mind suddenly comes to peace!(also finds solutions if required...)I accept the cold,the fog, the cold water,... everything! And a second later I'm amazed by the beauty of the place,the weather, and the moment!!Wonder dawns in my eyes and my heart and I'm totally surprised... just a few moments back it all seemed a pain!

And then I remember one of the most beautiful quotes by Guruji
" When you follow fun, misery follows you. When you follow knowledge, fun follows you!".I'm grateful to have this among other knowledge in my life :).(not that i have much :) )

love
rahul

p.s. the famous quote now seems pretty apt to me
"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"!!